MARRIED TO A STRANGER. EP 12
EPISODIE 12(PART A): The Night Before Trip
In the evening, Olamide and Tunde had returned home, and as soon as they arrived, Grandma asked them to pack their things quickly. Aisha informed them that everyone was preparing for the trip to Egypt and was busy packing. Both of them looked very happy, and Olamide couldn't take his eyes off them.
"Alright, I'll make the arrangements for everyone to leave tomorrow morning," Tunde said, but Aisha stopped him and asked, "Then when will you pack your things?"
"Oh come on, now he has a wife; why should he worry about it? She will handle everything. You on the other hand, come to the kitchen quickly. We need to prepare snacks for everyone," Grandma said.
Aisha agreed, leaving Tunde silent, knowing well that Gold wouldn't pack his things. Nonetheless, he called Fred and asked him to book flight tickets for everyone.
When Aisha saw Olamide standing quietly, she questioned, "What's the matter, Olamide? Why are you standing like that? Aren't you going to pack your things? You're coming with us, right?" Before Olamide could respond, Tunde answered, "Yes, Mom, he'll definitely come." Olamide added, "Yes, Mother, I was just thinking about what to pack."
"See? That's why I keep telling you to get married. Then your wife will take care of these things for you. But no, you never listen to me," Grandma scolded him.
"Oh Grandma, not this marriage talk again. Just leave it, please. Anyway, I have all of you to take care of me, right?"
"Yes, yes, we're here for you. Just wait; let me check in the kitchen for a while, and then I'll come to help you pack," Aisha told Olamide and went to the kitchen.
Olamide went to his room, and Tunde, after finishing his call with Fred, headed to his room as well. There, he found Gold already packing, with three large bags lying nearby. Tunde was shocked. "We're only going for a few days, not forever. Why are you packing so much stuff?"
"I know," Gold replied without even looking at him. "If you're done, could you move aside? I need to pack my things too." Gold casually replied, "I didn't stop you."
"Then please move away from the wardrobe so I can grab my clothes." Without saying a word, Gold moved aside and sat on the bed, continuing her work. When Tunde opened the wardrobe, he was stunned. "Hey... my clothes were here. Where did they go?" He looked suspiciously at Gold. "Tell me the truth; did you steal them?" Gold gave him a sharp look. "Why would I steal your clothes? What would I even do with them? Think before you speak!"
"Then where are all my clothes?" "In the blue bag. I've packed them along with your essentials." Tunde was even more shocked now. "Why did you pack my things? How did you even know what I'd need?" "I've been living with you for quite a while now. I figured you'd get home late from the office, so I packed your stuff. Check if I missed anything." Then she added, "You check everything; I'm going downstairs to help Mom in the kitchen." She started to leave.
"Wait..." Tunde stopped her. She turned back, looking at him, and Tunde softly said, "Thank you..." Hearing this, Gold smiled and replied, "No problem," before heading downstairs.
Tunde checked his belongings, then sat on the bed with his laptop to finish his office work, as he wouldn't be going to the office for a few days.
Meanwhile, Gold joined Aisha in the kitchen. When Aisha saw her, she asked, "Why are you here? Are all your preparations for tomorrow done?" "Yes, Mom. Everything's done. I came to help you." Aisha smiled and said, "Good that you came. Take care of everything here. I'll check on Olamide; I'm sure he hasn't packed anything yet." "Alright, Mom, go ahead. I'll manage here." Aisha then went to Olamide's room.
Olamide was still sitting on the bed, scrolling through his phone. "I knew it! You'd still be sitting like this," Aisha said as she entered, and Olamide quickly put his phone aside. "Come on, leave your phone and help me now." Olamide and Aisha began packing. However, Aisha noticed that Olamide seemed downhearted. She made him sit beside her and lovingly asked, "You know you can't hide anything from me. Now, tell me what's wrong. Why are you so upset?" "What? Nothing's wrong, Mother. You must be mistaken." "Hmm... Are you going to hide things from your mother now?" Hearing this, Olamide's eyes welled up and he rested his head on Aisha's lap. "I don't know, Mother. I'm feeling really troubled today. It feels like I'm all alone. It's just a bit of work stress," he said, hiding the truth about Rita, as he didn't want to talk about her.
Aisha talked to him for a while, and Olamide fell asleep on her lap. Just then, Bukola came in. "Mom... Mom... where are you? I've been looking for you. My pink dress—" She stopped when she saw Olamide sleeping. Aisha gestured for her to keep quiet, gently laid Olamide down, and came out with Bukola. "What happened? Why are you yelling?" "Mom, my new pink dress is missing. And what's wrong with Brother Olamide?" "Nothing, we were just packing. Your dress is in your wardrobe; check properly." Aisha and Bukola then went back to their rooms.
Later, when Gold returned to her room, she found Tunde asleep on the bed with his laptop still open. Smiling to herself, she thought, "He looks so innocent while sleeping, like a baby. But when he's awake... such a Panla Face!" She chuckled to herself. Just then, Tunde shifted slightly in his sleep and Gold quickly covered her mouth, afraid she'd been caught. Realizing he was still asleep, she carefully took the laptop, closed it and placed it aside. She adjusted Tunde's position, covered him with a blanket, and went to sleep on the sofa.


Comments
Post a Comment