“One Flirty Message. One Big Secret. What Would You Do?”(PART 2)
"READ PREVIOUS EPISODE(PART 1) HERE"
Ayanda’s eyes were fierce as she grabbed my hand in the Uber. The Johannesburg lights blurred past us, neon against the night sky. My chest thudded like a drumline. Every streetlight felt like it was exposing me, pulling me closer to a truth I wasn’t sure I wanted.
When the Uber turned into the driveway of The Maslow Hotel, I almost told the driver to stop, to turn around, to take me home. But Ayanda squeezed my hand.
“Friend, breathe. Whatever happens, you’ll know the truth tonight. No more hiding.”
Her words stabbed and soothed me at once.
We walked in.
The restaurant was dim, full of the sound of clinking glasses, the smell of grilled meat and expensive perfume. My eyes darted across tables, faces, couples laughing.
Then I saw him.
Thabo.
Sitting by the window, his arm draped casually over the back of the chair. His smile—the smile I once thought was mine alone—was directed at her.
Zinhle.
Her red dress clung to her body like she wore it just to mock me. She reached across the table, touching his hand, laughing at something he whispered.
My knees nearly gave in. My throat felt dry, but my eyes burned.
Ayanda hissed, “There they are.”
I stood frozen, rage and heartbreak tearing at me in equal measure.
Ayanda nudged me forward.
“This is your moment, Naledi. Are you going to let her drink wine with your man while you cry in silence?”
I inhaled sharply, gathering courage I didn’t know I had. My heels clicked loudly against the tiles as I walked straight to their table.
Thabo’s smile froze when he saw me. His face drained of colour.
Zinhle turned, her laughter dying on her lips, replaced with a smirk that cut deep.
I leaned on the table, my voice low but shaking with fire.
“So this is the business dinner you were rushing to, Thabo?”
Silence.
The other diners started glancing over, sensing the drama brewing. My chest tightened with both shame and power.
Thabo stammered. “Naledi… it’s not what you think—”
I cut him off, my voice cracking.
“Not what I think? Should I read the messages out loud so everyone can hear? ‘Last night was unforgettable… can’t stop thinking about you.’”
Gasps from nearby tables. Thabo’s eyes widened in panic.
Zinhle leaned back, crossing her arms like she was untouchable.
“You were never supposed to find out like this.”
Her voice was smooth, almost taunting.
I snapped.
“You? You come into my house, eat my food, smile in my face—and then sneak around with him behind my back? How could you, Zinhle? You’re supposed to be my friend!”
Zinhle tilted her head, lips curling.
“Your friend? Please, Naledi. Thabo was never really yours. If he wanted you, he wouldn’t be with me.”
The restaurant air went heavy. My chest heaved.
I turned to Thabo, my voice breaking.
“And you… you let this happen? After everything we built, after every promise, you betray me with her?”
Thabo reached for my hand across the table.
“Babe, please. It was a mistake. Just temptation. You’re the woman I want. I love you. This… this meant nothing.”
My laugh came out bitter, sharp.
“Nothing? You called her unforgettable. You told her you couldn’t stay away. That’s not nothing, Thabo. That’s betrayal.”
Ayanda stepped closer, glaring at him.
“You disgust me, Thabo. How dare you humiliate Naledi like this?”
The whole restaurant was watching now, whispers flying around. A couple even pulled out their phones, probably recording.
Tears streamed down my cheeks, but anger kept me standing.
“Here’s the thing, Thabo. I might cry tonight. I might break down tomorrow. But I promise you this—I will never beg a man who betrays me. You’ve made your choice. And so have I.”
I took off the gold bracelet he bought me last year and placed it on the table.
“Consider this the end. Enjoy your ‘perfect night.’”
I turned to walk away, my legs shaking, but my back straight. Ayanda followed, her arm tight around me.
Behind me, I heard Thabo calling my name, but I didn’t stop.
I didn’t look back.
Two Weeks Later…
The days that followed were hell.
The whispers at work. The awkward silences. Zinhle strolling in like she owned the place, her smirk growing every time she passed my desk.
But I held my head high.
I poured my pain into my work, into my gym sessions, into late-night talks with Ayanda. Slowly, the tears turned into fire.
One Friday, my boss called me into her office.
“Naledi, I’ve been watching how strong you’ve been handling everything. We’re sending you to Cape Town to lead the new client campaign. Fresh start.”
I walked out of that office with my chest high.
That evening, Thabo texted.
“I miss you. Zinhle was nothing. Please, let’s fix this.”
I stared at the message for a long time.
Then I deleted it. Blocked his number.
Because sometimes the bravest thing a woman can do… is choose herself.
๐ One flirty message. One big secret. And one decision that changed everything.
That scenario got you thinking? The Archive has more that are leaving readers shocked.
READ MORE SCENARIOS STORIES IN THE ARCHIVE



Comments
Post a Comment